Job Title: Unified Champion Schools® Specialist
Locations open for this role:
- West & North Texas (multiple positions open)
Reports to: Regional Executive Director
SOTX Commitment to Diversity
Special Olympics Texas - Join the Inclusion Revolution
At SOTX, diversity and inclusion are the rules of the game. Together, we continue to build an
inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our athletes,
volunteers, and employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer as teammates, on
and off the field.
This position will manage the Region’s Unified Champion Schools® program, implementing the
goals set forth by the Regional Executive Director. Unified Champion Schools® is a program
that promotes inclusion by creating sport and leadership opportunities for students with and
without intellectual disabilities on the same school based teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Recruit new schools, educators, athletes and partners into Unified Champion
● Support, plan and implement UCS events and competitions
● Support the University Scholastic League (UIL) Unified Sports events and competitions.
● Integrate Law Enforcement Torch Run Agencies into UCS Schools, Events and
● Assist campus liaisons with implementing new ideas and programs into UCS
● Seek new grant opportunities to support UCS programming
● Track grant reporting and maintain strict budget guidelines
● Maintain and cultivate community relationships to support UCS.
● Communication of organizational goals to regional team which must include, but are not
limited to, best practices, innovation, retention and recruitment.
Passion for Special Olympics Texas
Screening: Must pass Criminal and National Sex Offender Registry background screening
(Required for all staff)
Education: College degree or equitable experience in non-profit program implementation;
emphasis on education, recreation, disability issues business a plus.
Experience: Non-profit experience, sports programming or school programming; budgeting and
grant tracking, previous experience with Unified Sports®, Special Olympics a plus.
Knowledge: G Suite for Education; Database programs, sports programming and event
Skills: Strong organizational skill with the ability to manage multiple projects; effective time
management, verbal and written skills, public speaking and customer service; Bilingual is a
Work Schedule: Full time 40+ hours per week; This position’s work schedule will be determined
by the demands of the position and may include evenings and weekends. Flexible time is
available with prior approval of the supervisor.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required
to sit or stand for extended periods of time; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20lbs,
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; frequently required to stand, reach with hands and arms through
full range of motion.
Transportation: Must have own reliable transportation with good driving history, valid Texas
driver’s license and current insurance. This job will require regional travel. Company vehicles
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other
related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org