Please note, this role is open across the state of Texas.
Special Olympics Texas
Unified Champion Schools® Specialist
Job Title: Unified Champion Schools® Specialist
Location: Regional office/Texas
Reports to: Regional Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full-time Exempt
Date Revised: August 2019
This position will manage the Region’s Unified Champion Schools® program, implementing the goals set forth by the Regional Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recruit new schools, educators, athletes and partners into Unified Champion Schools® (UCS)
• Support, plan and implement UCS events and competitions
• Integrate Law Enforcement Torch Run Agencies into UCS Schools, Events and Competitions
• Assist campus liaisons with implementing new ideas and programs into UCS
• Seek new grant opportunities to support UCS programming
• Track grant reporting and maintain strict budget guidelines
• Maintain and cultivate community relationships to support UCS.
• Communication of organizational goals to regional team which must include, but are not
limited to, best practices, innovation, retention and recruitment.
Passion for Special Olympics Texas
Screening: Must pass Criminal and National Sex Offender Registry background
screening (Required for all staff)
Education: College degree or equitable experience in non-profit program
implementation; emphasis on education, recreation, disability issues business a plus.
Experience: Non-profit experience, sports programming or school programming;
budgeting and grant tracking, previous experience with Unified Sports®, Special Olympics a plus.
Knowledge: Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel; Outlook; Database programs,
sports programming and event planning.
Skills: Strong organizational skill with the ability to manage
multiple projects; effective time management, verbal and written skills, public speaking
and customer service
Work Schedule: Full time 40+ hours per week; This position’s work schedule will be
determined by the demands of the position and may include evenings and
weekends. Flexible time is available with prior approval of supervisor.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to
sit or stand for extended periods of time; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20lbs,
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; frequently required to stand, reach with hands and arms through full
range of motion.
Transportation: Must have own reliable transportation with good driving history, valid Texas
driver’s license and current insurance.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related
duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line being the title of this job and your first and last name.