Interested in Coaching Bowling, Figure Skating, Power Lifting, Table Tennis or Volleyball
? You can only select one sport to become certified in, bring a friend and both of you become a Special Olympics Coach in different sports.
To become a Special Olympics Texas Coach the registration process for all coach’s trainings will be to register all year or up until the Winter Sports Coaches Training Expo
You will find a link to the eventbrite registration web page for Winter Sports Coaches Training Expo.
Once inside this new website you will be able to register for the coaches training. It will ask you to "purchase" your ticket to attend the coach’s training clinic, there is no monetary value
to this purchase, simply click and register.
Prior to attending the coaching training school a new volunteer coach must complete the following steps:
- Completing a Volunteer, A Form – must complete every three years.
- Completing the Criminal Background Check (CBC) there is a cost for this CBC must complete every four years
- Completing the General Orientation once in a volunteer lifespan
- Completing the Protective Behaviors Training must complete every three years
- Completing the Concussion Training must complete every three years
- You may find all of these links by Clicking Here
If for some reason we have inclement weather or any change in the coaches training, we will be able to email or send a text message to each volunteer an update immediately giving you the information needed for that day. Please
check your email or phone the day before the training for any changes or updates.
Please click the link below and start your journey as part of the movement of change and acceptance at the Winter Sports Coaches Training Expo