Walk, or Run, or Garden or Mow the Lawn Across Texas!
The excitement is building around here about Walk Across Texas, and I hope you’re putting together your team of 8 to get fit and raise money for Special Olympics Texas.
Meet in the Middle school programs and SOTX delegations have an opportunity to share in the funds raised through this fun program.
Over eight weeks, you and seven of your friends will commit to raising a combined $832 and to exercising enough to cover a combined 832 miles—that’s the distance between El Paso and Orange. Individually, you and your teammates will cover 104 miles and raise $104.
It’s going to be a lot of fun—and what a great way to get in shape and help support year-round athletic opportunities for more than 44,000 individuals with intellectual disabilities in Texas!
Don’t want to walk or run across Texas?
There are MANY activities that count toward your “mileage” for Walk Across Texas. Here are just a few of them (I’ve even noted the activities that are SOTX sports!):
Each team member will receive a wristband, drawstring pack and a Walk Across Texas t-shirt once they achieve their goal.
Go to www.sotx.org/walkacrosstexas to get started.
Things to know:
· Walk Across Texas runs from Monday, September 10, 2012 until Monday, November 5, 2012
· 8 walkers commit to raise $832 while walking 832 miles over 8 weeks
· Delegations and Meet in the Middle (MiM) teams will receive approximately 40% of the funds they raise
· All fundraising will be tracked through the Special Olympics Texas website at www.sotx.org/walkacrosstexas
· All mileage will be calculated and/or converted on the AgriLife Website at walkacrosstexas.tamu.edu