Interested in Coaching Bowling, or Power Lifting? CLICK HERE to register
To become a Special Olympics Texas Coach the registration process for all coaches trainings will be to register all year or up until the Spring Coach Training. You will find a link to the eventbrite registration web page for Spring Coach Training. Once inside this new website you will be able to register for the coaches training. It will ask you to "purchase" your ticket to attend the coach’s training clinic, there is no monetary value to this purchase, simply click and register.
The website has all the information you will need to be a successful coach: information on the training, link to fill out a Volunteer A form, links to Criminal Background Check (CBC) General Orientation & Protective Behaviors, map, etc. Once you “purchase” your ticket to attend the coaches training you will be sent a confirmation email, the day prior to the event you will be sent a reminder email that you have signed up for Winter Sports Coaches Training Expo.
If for some reason we have inclement weather or any change in the coaches training, we will be able to email or send a text message to each volunteer an update immediately giving you the information needed for that day. Please check your email or phone the day before the training for any changes or updates.
Please click the link below and start your journey as part of the movement of change and acceptance at the Winter Sports Coaches Training choose one of the following: Bowling, Volleyball, Table Tennis, Figure Skating and Power Lifting.
Prior to attending the Winter Sports Coaches Training each new coach must complete the following on-line training:
- Volunteer A form please submit your team name or delegation names click here for the Volunteer A form
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC) effective January 1, 2015 all volunteers are complete a CBC, there is a cost associated with this check, click here to go to the link to the CBC website.
- General Orientation – which an individual must take once in their volunteer career click here
- Protective Behaviors Training which each individual must take every three years this information can be found at Click Here
- Concussions in Sports (CIS) which each individual must take every three years, this information can be found at Click Here. Please note after you complete the CIS you must email your certificate to email@example.com.
Click here to register for the Winter Sports Training Expo