DATE: July 14, 2018 - July 15, 2018
Start Time: 9:00 a.m .
End Time: 5:00 p.m.
The Beginner Global Messenger Training class teaches Athletes to become Athlete Leaders to promote Special Olympics Texas and the movement through public speaking. To benefit and participate meaningfully in the Global Messenger program the following prerequisite skills have been identified for Athletes and Speech Coaches:
· Intelligible speech/communication
· Makes eye contact at least occasionally in conversation
· Can greet people
· Able to answer questions that begin with; who, what, where, when, why or how
· Interested in giving public speeches for the purpose of informing, educating, recruiting or fundraising
· Knowledgeable of the athlete's background
· Familiar with the athlete's story
· Communicates easily with the athlete
· Able to maximize the athlete's strengths
· Experienced with the athlete's learning style
All training participants must be accompanied by a Speech Coach to help mentor and support Athlete as a Global Messenger.
Contact Area Office to register!
|Special Olympics Texas Chapter Headquarters|
|1804 Rutherford Lane|